Toronto, ON: HARTE GOLD CORP. (“Harte Gold” or the “Company”) (TSX: HRT / OTC: HRTFF / Frankfurt: H4O) is excited to report the recent discovery of an entirely new high grade gold zone (the “TT8 Discovery”) approximately 17 Km southeast of the Sugar Zone Mine in an area previously mapped by OGS geologists as granite and not known to host gold mineralization. The TT8 Discovery is believed to be an extension of an existing known greenstone belt to the east.
- The TT8 Discovery consists of a sedimentary hosted silicified, biotite schist horizon containing the highest surface gold grades on the Sugar Zone property found to-date
- 17 chip samples across a 40 metre strike extent have returned gold values from 11.1 g/t to 247.0 g/t Au
- Harte geologists interpret TT8 Discovery as a potential extension of the Nameigos Greenstone belt to the east and its exploration potential could be significant
- The hangingwall and footwall sediments were also sampled returning gold values up to 2.64 g/t Au, suggesting the width of the mineralized zone could be significantly wider than currently uncovered
- Following this exciting discovery, the Company will focus its exploration program in this area and will commence diamond drilling to test the extent of mineralization
- Drilling is expected to start in early January, pending exploration permits
- All assay results are based on a fire assay-metallic screen finish